Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Origins


Origins


What is the true explanation of where we come from? Here I am going to answer this question with my point of view, and not to offend anyone. I believe the true explanation of where we come from is in the Bible. Yes, I believe God created the heavens, the earth, us, and everything else. In Genesis it shares, after everything God created, He said, “It is good.” To me it boggles my mind to look around at the sky, the sunset, the mountains, and the earth in general and think that this “could have” came from just a big boom. When I see these things, I see the hands of an Almighty artist. Not only creating the earth, but each and every one of us. In Romans 1:20 NLT it states, “For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.” Just by this one passage it says that through his creation, there is no excuse but than to know God. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines creation as “the act of bringing the world into ordered existence.” It also defines the word order not only to “arrange,” but also as to “command to go” or “come to a specified place.” Read again the definition of creation it says “into ordered existence.” Meaning God arranged where He wanted the sun to go, and He ordered (commanded) it to go into its specific place.  The Institute for Creation has a website which talks about the Earth and how it was perfectly and specifically placed. It shares, “If the Earth traveled much faster in its 292-million-mile-long orbit around the sun, centrifugal force would pull it away from the sun, and if too far, all life would cease to exist.” God ordered our earth so perfectly. You maybe thinking, well the earth physically maybe “perfect,” but it surely is not a perfect world. How can such and “Amazing” God allow terrible things? As in, why did my grandfather have to die? Why did my aunt have to get breast cancer? I learned this lesion a very hard way. Members of my family have been dying left and right, and it came to a point that I asked God why are you taking them from me, and I know he was teaching me that the things of this world are temporary, but He is eternal. Sometimes He has to allow hardships to come our way just for us to lean on Him. When 9-11 happened whom did the United States rely on? The country turned to God. When things are crashing down, we run to God. When times are great, we do whatever we choose. God is a merciful God, and he is also a God who desires to fulfill your every need. For God to fulfill all those needs we need to believe in Him.  Now, you are reading this and probably thinking, how does this tie into our class of World Humanities: Pre-History and Early Modern. Well, this is Pre-History it’s Origin. Our beginning is God. We came from his working hands. Just as a painting has a painter, creation has a creator, God.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with most of these statements, and I believe that is partially based on when and where I was raised. I come from a very strong Southern Baptist Christian background and know with all my heart and thinking that those beliefs will forever be rooted in me and I will passed those beliefs to my children. Maybe if I was raised in a different country in a different time period I could possibly not believe in Christian, but I think I would more than likely believe in so type of supernatural being who created humanity and has some type of control over the lives of human beings. I believe this world is much too vast and complex for it to just be a freak accident of nature in the entire universe. Besides the fact that there are millions of multi-celled organisms that have thousands of working components to them that have formed over millions of years to make them functions the way they do today, we still have not found all that could possibly be on earth, which is a tiny molecule on the universal spectrum. Just from my life experiences I know that there is a God. I know my life would not be where it is if it was not for my beliefs in a God. I know not everyone shares my exact beliefs in God, but I think most people have beliefs in supernatural beings with some questions. I do not think us as humans, animals, or earth just happened on accident.
    Group 2 response.

    ReplyDelete